™RicsilSilicone Compound is a moisture-resistant, translucent, non-curing paste that is ideally suited for lubricating, waterproofing, corrosion protection, mould release and insulating. It is a low shear lubricant therefore it is ideal for all types of plastic, rubber and metal. It is not recommended for high friction metal to metal lubrication.
It retains its consistency and properties over a wide temperature range of -40°C to 250°C (-40°F to 482°F).
It is essentially non-toxic and non-melting. It has excellent dielectric properties, is highly water repellent and resistant to oxidation. It is practically non-volatile, odourless and resistant to a wide range of chemicals.It has excellent thermal and oxidative stability and low surface tension.
Price on Request:
Get Latest Price
|Minimum Order Quantity||10 Kilogram|
|Grade Standard||Technical Grade, Reagent Grade|
|Application|| Defense, Automotive, Industrial|
|Packaging Type||HDPE Barrel|
|Specific Gravity||1 at 250 Degree C|
|Packaging Size||50, 200 Kg|
|Appearance||Light grey, translucent|
|Flash point minimum||315 CC|
|Bleed||10 at 200 Degree C for 24 Hour|
|Volatility||5 at 200 Degree C For less than 24 Hour|
Silicone compound is a versatile Silicone Compound (Ricsil 17) having the consistency of petroleum jelly. It is used in the rubber, plastics, plywood and metal fabricating industries. Silicone compound gives a long lasting, easy release and does not break down to form a carbonaceous build-up. It keeps moulds and patterns cleaner, reduces maintenance, minimizes scrap, and improves the appearance of moulded parts.
- In rubber Industry silicone compound is used as a mould release agent for difficult release jobs. An example is its use in making battery cases from 98% reclaim stock. Spraying the moulds with a 3% dispersion of in silicone compound in perchlorate ethylene gives consistency clean, easy release and moulds stay cleaner longer. Silicone compound is an excellent lubricant and preservative for rubber wiped with this grease like silicone, tight-fitting rubber parts slide into place quickly and easily
- In plastic industry silicone compound is used as a release agent for epoxy, polystyrene, polyvinyl chloride, polyester resins and other plastic materials. On polished dies for embossing vinyl sheeting. One application lasts for as many as 100 to 150 embossing applied to calender rolls, it prevents sticking and gives a very desirable finish to vinyl coated upholstery fabrics. Other applications range from epoxy case electrical coils to polyester luggage. In low-pressure laminating of phenolic and styrene copolymers, the use of silicone compound eliminates the need of cellophane sheet prevents build-up of excess resin. Silicone compound is inert to metals, plastics and most organic materials. As supplies silicone compound can be wiped on moulds or platens, or dispersed in certain solvents and applied by spraying, swabbing or brushing. Suitable solvents include xylene, mineral spirits, perchlorate, and methyl ethylene. Silicone compound is insoluble in methyl or ethyl alcohol, glycerol or mineral oil.
- In plywood industry silicone compound is widely used throughout the plywood and hard-board industry as a release agent and for preventing glue from fouling machinery. It is applied as received or from a solvent dispersion to such equipment parts as saw blades, splicer heating bands, edge gluer chains, heating bars, platen sleeves. Application of silicone compound prevents the adhesion of glue to press platens and loaders for periods up to six months of continuous production. It facilities removal of the finished panels, reduces maintenance of the platens and loaders, and minimizes to the panel surfaces caused by build-up of hardened glue.
- In metal industry silicone compound is recommended in the shell moulding process for breaking in new or freshly cleaned patterns. Zinc producers use silicone compound on moulds for plates and other castings. They obtain easy release, good surface finish and reduced buildup on moulds. A 5% dispersion of silicone compound in kerosene may be sprayed on moulds. One application is sufficient for 15 to 17 castings. Silicone 17 compound is an excellent release agent in chill casting of brass. In those applications where silicone 17 compound is applied to metal surface or dies or moulds, optimum effectiveness has been obtained by buffing or burnishing the compound on the metal surface.
- Item Code: Ricsil-17
- Pay Mode Terms: T/T (Bank Transfer)
- Packaging Details: 1KG, 5KG,50KG & 200kg PACKING